Monday, April 9, 2012

Ocmulgee Indian Reservation

     The Ocmulgee Indian Mounds are located on Georgia's fall line. The park is roughly 702 acres wide and has multiple hills and wetlands. It was home to many Creek Indiands during their time of occupation on the land. Our class trip to the muonds was the second time that I had been on the reservation. In the fall of 2010, I was able to volunteer for the Ocmulgee festival that is held annually on the reservation. During my time of service I was able to truly appreciate the culture of the native people. The festival had numerous attractions, including reinactments of famous battles and live dances. I was able to build clay shapes and arrowheads with children. The experience was truly a blessing and I have throughly enjoyed both trips to the park.

No comments:

Post a Comment